Website Department of Health & Social Care
As an accredited training provider with over 10 years’ experience at the forefront of providing the best staff within the Children’s Care Sector, Fulbridge Social Care are in a unique position to train the right individuals to work confidently within children and young people’s residential settings. We can provide you with the first steps you need to start your new career, ensuring you are fully equipped to support the young people to the best of your abilities ensuring you meet their needs.
You will be working with children and young people from the age of 11 to 18 years who have been placed in the care system for various reasons and who may have complex needs and may display challenging behaviour, however, the training you will receive will have you fully equipped to work confidently and competently. The day to day routine varies from taking young people to education, shopping and leisure activities as well as household tasks.
We are looking for passionate and caring individuals who want to make a huge difference in these children’s lives and support them with day to day activities. This role is extremely rewarding and will provide you with a lot of job satisfaction while getting to create amazing bonds with the children and make a true difference to their lives.
General duties will include the following:
• Maintaining a safe and positive living environment
• Teaching basic life skills and living skills such as budgeting, shopping, cleaning
• Implementing Risk Assessments
• Interacting and taking part in social activities
• Providing support and guidance
• Helping young people become independent
• Keeping accurate records and writing reports
• Transporting children to school, college, appointments, activities, contact, using homes vehicles
What we offer:
• Full time and part time hours available
• £8.72 – £11.00 per hour
• Additional sleep pay £35 per night, where applicable
• Weekly pay – delivered accurately and on time
• Excellent opportunities for career progression
• Full accredited training and qualifications are offered to successful candidates including Team Teach; Child Protection; Understanding Sexualised Behaviour; Working with Self Harm and Understanding Autism and ADHD
• All positions hold a minimum age requirement of 21 years in accordance to national minimum standards
• A driving licence is essential for this position as you may be required to drive the unit car to take the young people to appointments such as family contacts, meetings, school and social activities
Successful candidates will be required to obtain an enhanced DBS unless you already have a current portable DBS. International Checks might also be required as part of compliance if you have lived, travelled or worked for an extended period abroad.
All candidates must also successfully complete the induction assessment training as part of candidate compliance, prior to any placements being offered.
To apply for this job please visit www.everydayisdifferent.com.