We are looking to find proactive candidates who are able to use their initiative and can organise their own workload. There is a team that work together supporting each other and so excellent team working skills and the ability to take the lead are also crucial to this role.
This post is advertised at 37 hours per week.
The Security Admin posts will be the first point of contact for visitors to the South Side of RAF Marham and as such will have a major impact in promoting a positive image of the station to visitors, contractors and station personnel so must maintain an appropriate and professional standard of appearance, attitude and confidentiality at all times.
• Issuing and renewing Stn personal and/or vehicle passes to both permanent and visiting personnel; MoD (including dependant’s), civil servants, contractors and civilian visitors.
• Granting approval for issuance of Stn passes, through clearance checks and inputting this information onto the SISYS IT application as necessary.
• Management and processing of Baseline Personnel Security Standards, incorporating reference checks.
• Provide support and role coverage to the Stn vetting clerk, in times of absence.
• Conducting clearance procedures and completing relevant paperwork for Stn personnel.
• Monitoring CCTV and alarm systems, in support of the Stn security personnel.
• Cash handling of emergency funds for MoD Stn personnel.
• Utilising MS Outlook to monitor and utilise a multiuser account, to support visiting personnel to the Stn.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Making Effective Decisions
Managing a Quality Service
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
For applications in excess of 40 the sift process will look at your Personal Statement and the Behaviour, “Leadership”. Those people who are invited to interview will be asked Behaviours based questions based on all behaviours requested.
To apply for this job please visit www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk.